Re: [Libevent-users] libevent is blocking on me

When I run ab on my evhttp server, it performs ~100 connections which launches each 1 remote http connection to a remote host to return data really fast but after ~100 something happens and it bogs down to 1 request per second.

Any ideas what I should be looking for?

Thanks

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Niels Provos <provos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ron,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Ron Combs <roncombs64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> every time the http handler is executed from evhttp, it performs a http
> query to a remote host to return data to the client's browser.
>
> It seems that after a dozen request, it starts blocking for a 10-15 seconds,
> then it unblocks and so forth

How many connections are we talking about?   You might be running into
port number limitations.   If you have the same source and dest IP,
and dest port.  You will run into problems after 60,000 or so
connections; depending on what the available port pool is on your
operating systems.

If you don't make that many connections, I really have no idea what
might be causing the issue.

Niels.