Re: [Libevent-users] bad request with evhttp libevent-2.0.10

I haven't read RFC 3986. Maybe | _is_ an invalid URI character. But what happen when i want pass a param contain '|' character. If it's a special character, then firefox have to encode it before send to server.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Trong Long Dinh
<tronglongcntt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I already review source code of libevent. Ur small code has same mean with
> mine. However, Both are meaningless because function  static char *
> end_of_path(char *cp, int allow_qchars) not allow '|' character. If uri
> query contain '|' character then it response "bad request".

Weird.  According to RFC 3986, I think that | _is_ an invalid URI
character.  Ugh.  Is there some other standard that specifies how an
HTTP URI looks that I should be looking at, or is your browser
expecting servers to handle nonconformant URIs?

--
Nick