Re: [Libevent-users] Problems with deferred HTTP handlers over SSL

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 07:13:09PM -0600, Amarin Phaosawasdi wrote:
> Hi Oscar,
>
> Thanks for following up.
>
> We tried building and linking with the same versions of libevent, libevhtp
> as static libraries, and openssl as a shared library as you did on our
> Linux machines and still got the same errors. (Unfortunately, we didn't get
> any "hello"s.)
>
> The rate of error might be platform specific, but it seems like this test,
> when built on Mac, dies much faster than 10k invocations.

evhtp_use_threads() is a connection pooler, each thread having its own
event_base, and each connection being accepted to that threads evbase.

in this case here, you are double threading, thus you break out of evhtp
and back into thread safety in libevent itself.

Libevent needs to be setup as thread-safe too if it is to be used this
way via one of the evthread_use_* functions.