[Libevent-users] Benchmarking Fun

Hi,

I've been playing around with libev and libevent and knocked up a benchmarking tool for them both. It's been a while since I've used C but you can produce some graphs using the tool etc and I've had some odd results ie for my use case, lots of file descriptors and I'm not using any timers, libevent appears to be faster than libev. I fully suspect I've coded this incorrectly so it's a work in progress but if someone want to play with it you can find it on github here:

https://github.com/harryjackson/benchmark_libev_libevent

I have included the tar.gz of both the libs under test and there's a build script that'll install these in your directory ie it won't pollute your host machine. Any comments especially if you find if I've gone wrong would be most welcome.