[Libevent-users] fd=-1 events

Greetings!

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide! I'm on my very start with libevent.

As far as I understand libevent will instantly notify me about any event on file descriptor.

But what with events which has no file descriptor (fd = -1) ?

Do I understand right that in blocking mode event_base_loop() will block only on real events (based on existing fds) ? So event_active() will not have any effect until some real event triggered ?

What I've managed to find out by myself:
* event_active() does nothing beside placing event on queue to process. so it not assumes "immediate" action.
* event_add calls evmap_io_add which does nothing in case of fd<0

So there is no way to get immediate response for fd=-1 events ?

Best regards, Alexander Smirnov