[Libevent-users] Windows and bufferevent_socket_connect

Hello

I have a project that works perfectly in Ubuntu. But I want to port it to Windows. So I compiled it with MinGW for Windows and no errors occurred while compiling.

Then I tried to run it in Windows. It runs fine until there is an unexpected error: I could find out that the return value of bufferevent_socket_connect is < 0 which never happened in Ubuntu before.

Do you know why the same function call returns 0 for Ubuntu and -1 for Windows? If you don't, do you know a way to get to know what went wrong?

I called WSAStartup and I allowed the program in the Windows built-in firewall.

I am using Libevent 2.0.21-stable.

Thank you for your time and best wishes, Andre.