From: owner-libevent-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-libevent-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Mathewson
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 8:05 PM
To: libevent-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Libevent-users] deadlock in libevent-2.0.5-beta

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Avi Bab <avib@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I now have a clearer view of things.
> Like Zhou said - there is a thread adding an event to the sender's event_base which is blocked on writing to base->th_notify_fd[1]:

Oho!  Indeed, this is absolutely right.  My apologies to Zhou Li for
not getting the point before, and thanks to you and Scott Lamb for
explaining it.  I think that reinstating the commented-out line is
indeed correct, so I'll check it in.

One point that confusese me still: were you saying that even with
Zhou's fix, there's still a deadlock?

--
Nick