Re: [Libevent-users] Visual C++ Projects

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 05:13:05PM -0700, Kun Xi wrote:
> I once played with libevent using cmake and msys. It is really fun:
>  - free and familiar toolchain: gcc, gdb
>  - portability
>  - cross-compiling from linux host
>
> cmake can generate NMAKE makefile. I have never tried to use Visual
> C++.  Each version of VS, msft changes the format, it requires you to
> upgrade, and it is never opened in the lower version. That is quite
> annoying.

I have a CMakeLists.txt for levent2, it's been tested on linux, osx, and
w32 vs++.

It's for internal use only, but I can post it somewhere if that would
help.

BTW: I am not advocating converting to cmake! Don't everyone reply with
their opinions *looks at kev*.