Re: [Libevent-users] Strange timeout scheduling in 1.4

Interesting.

We have seen problems in the past with gettimeofday() not being very
deterministic on Linux, with occasional spikes in the time it takes,
although I don't have the numbers to hand (50-100 microseconds or so are
the numbers I remember offhand).

If this is to be used as a basis for what libevent should do, I think it
is worth bearing in mind that as well as varying support on different
architectures, people may be using older hardware (without, for example,
invariant TSC) or older kernels (RHEL 5.3, for example, has 2.6.18).

I'm not surprised OpenBSD is much slower though for this though.