Re: [Libevent-users] Mixing edge-triggered and level-triggered events

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Avi Bab <ABab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using libevent-2.0.18-stable running on Linux (CentOs 6.2) to implement an HTTP proxy.
> For each connection I define: (i) an edge-triggered read event and (ii) a socket-based bufferevent with EV_WRITE enabled and EV_READ disabled.

Right now, Libevent doesn't support having the same fd being both
edge-triggered and level-triggered at the same time.  I'm not sure
whether backends allow it.  If you really need it, maybe you could
dup() the fd and add one as edge-triggered and one as level-triggered,
though I've never tried that and I'm not 100% sure it would work.

[...]
> This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.

This transmission may contain advice on Libevent.  I disclaim all
liability for any damages that may result from following or not
following the advice in this and all other messages sent by me.
Reading this message creates an imaginary make-believe contract
between you and me wherein you promise not to make silly unenforceable
legal threats on your own behalf, and I promise not to take seriously
any silly unenforceable legal threats that your lawyers make you
include.

;)

--
Nick