Re: [Libevent-users] Re: libevent2 stuck in Linux, CPU 100%

Oleg,

On 19/07/13 14:31, Oleg Moskalenko wrote:
Thank you Azat for the suggestion. It seems to me that UDP sockets are
offenders, somehow it happens only in Linux (I know Linux has some weird
UDP behavior):

I doubt that UDP sockets handling is a culprit in this case, as epoll_wait(4, {{EPOLLERR, {u32=8, u64=8}}}, 32, 19) = 1 waits not for data but for an error condition on a socket. So the first question is why libevent calls epoll with EPOLLERR events argument (probably it is an strace error meaning that epoll_wait returns EPOLLERR and not expected to get it), and the second one is why epoll returns an error on a socket (probably you could get SO_ERROR from it)?

--
Vsevolod Stakhov