Re: [Libevent-users] Unitialized Memory Read when pushing >64 events at once

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Scott Dorr <j.scott.dorr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry I didn't get a chance to fiddle with this until just now.  The short
> program below does generate uninitialized memory reads when executing the
> printf().  If I add a memset() right after the events[200] declaration
> (before the epoll_wait() call), the uninitialized memory issue goes away,
> though it's clear the epoll underpinnings are actually filling in that
> memory before we get back to our program space (gdb examination looks
> clean).
> Looks like a false positive to me at this point as well.

Okay.  Do you reckon it would be helpful to add a -DPURIFY build
option to libevent 2.1 to try to suppress these false positives at the
expense of a little needless computation?  I'm hesitant to add any
slowdown needlessly, but compatibility with testing tools is pretty
important to folks.

--
Nick