[Libevent-users] Question on event-test.c sample program

I see in the event-test.c sample program the disclaimer that it does
not work on non-UNIX platforms (which to me means Windows, maybe
others?).  It looks like this is an implementation of a named pipe.
This has been a problem I have been trying to solve on Windows for
awhile now, how to asynchronously read from named pipes and sockets in
a standard read event loop.  Can libevent do this through the IOCP
capability?

Regards,

Ed