Re: [Libevent-users] Question on event-test.c sample program

Thanks for the git info.  I have embedded responses to the other items below.

Regards,

Ed

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Ed Day <edday2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  [...]
>> I did a clone from the main repository and tried to build it on
>> Windows and found the makefile did not work.
>
> There shouldn't even be a makefile in git.  The Makefile is generated
> by "configure", which is in turn generated by autotools; to make
> "configure", just re-run the autogen.sh script first.  You'll need
> autoconf, automake, and libtool for that.

This works for Windows?  I did not know that.  Would I need to run it
through Cygwin or something similar?

>> The Makefile.nmake file
>> in the test directory needs something like the following added:
>>
>> $(REGRESS_OBJS) : regress.gen.c regress.gen.h
>>
>> regress.gen.c regress.gen.h : regress.rpc ..\event_rpcgen.py
>>        python ..\event_rpcgen.py regress.rpc
>
> Hm.  Actually, both test/Makefile.nmake and test/Makefile.am have the
> same problem that they don't do too well when python is missing on the
> computer.  I've checked in what seems like a likely fix as
> b031adf112e058595 : when python is missing and we need to regenerate
> regress.gen.[ch], we just generate stub files and skip the rpc unit
> tests.  Let me know if it breaks for you.

The main point was the rule was missing in the Windows makefile
altogether.  I have python, so it worked fine after I added it.