[Libevent-users] evdns question

I've been using the async resolver (evdns) and I'm running into a strange situation in a particular configuration.  It seems to work everywhere except at my friends house who has multiple routers behind a DSL modem (don't ask.)

Basically his resolv.conf file has 10.0.0.1 as the nameserver, which was provided by dhcp.  The problem is that I get a valid response from that server (10.0.0.1) the first time and DNS_ERR_UNKNOWN the second time and any time after that.  After a while it seems to time out and the cycle seems to repeat.

It looks like the error is purely with his configuration because I can specify any other accessible DNS server and it works every time.

I tried adding a second DNS server using evdns_base_nameserver_ip_add and I noticed that if the first one fails (10.0.0.1) then it does not try the second server, at least not when the error is UNKNOWN.

I'm not really sure what an UNKNOWN error is but is there a reason that it doesn't try the next server in the list?  In the code it looks like DNS_ERR_NOTIMPL and DNS_ERR_REFUSED errors would be retried with a different server but not DNS_ERR_UNKNOWN.

Thanks,