Re: [Libevent-users] patch to released 2.0.4 for Windows

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Patrick Galbraith <patg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I'm using mingw-w64, using msysgit as my shell setup. My compile options
> are:
>
> ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=i686-pc-mingw32 --prefix=/usr
>
> Would the issue be Makefile.am - start looking there?

Either Makefile.am or configure.in.  In particular, we check for
windows by this stanza in configure.in:

dnl - check if the macro WIN32 is defined on this compiler.
dnl - (this is how we check for a windows version of GCC)
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for WIN32)
AC_TRY_COMPILE(,
	[
#ifndef WIN32
die horribly
#endif
	],
	bwin32=true; AC_MSG_RESULT(yes),
	bwin32=false; AC_MSG_RESULT(no),
)

So if your configure is saying, "checking for WIN32... no", then the
bug is in configure.in.  But if it says "yes" and then tries to build
select.c anyway, the bug's probably in Makefile.am

--
Nick