Re: [Libevent-users] A patch for evrpc, allowing extra argument of request_new and reply_new

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Shuo Chen <giantchen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It passes regression test, and doesn't break the current usage I think,
> just to rerun event_rpcgen.py and recompile the code.

It breaks regress_rpc.c - because the API for (msg)_new() has changed.
  How about changing the code/generator so that we get

struct (msg)* (msg)_new(void) {}
struct (msg)* (msg)_new_with_arg(void *) {}

Then we can deprecate the old new but still make old programs work.

However, I am curious, how you can use this to make protocol buffers
work.   Do you have a code example?

Thanks,
 Niels.