Re: [Libevent-users] Forked processes and signals

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Christophe Fillot <cf@xxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I guess this behavior is related to the epoll mechanism.

Hi, Christophe!  I just tried your code and found out that the bug
does not appear on OSX 10.5 at all, but does appear on Linux whether
it's using the epoll mechanism or not (whien I set the EVENT_NOEPOLL
environment variable, it will still send signals to the subprocesses,
unless the evsig_)

So it's probably not epoll.  I thought it might be eventfd, since
that's also Linux-specific, but when I tried rebuilding the code
without eventfd enabled, it still didn't work. (Assmuming I did it
right.)  Both platforms also have signal and sigaction, so it doesn't
seem likely to be a signal/sigaction difference.  My inlaws are in
town, so I shouldn't glue myself to the computer much longer today,
but I'll try to investigate more soon.

peace,
--
Nick