RE: [Libevent-users] async event_dispatch?

You should be able to use:

int event_base_loop(struct event_base *, int);

With the flag EVLOOP_NONBLOCK in order to do this.

That should dispatch any outstanding events and return as soon as it is out
of events.  Unless it returns -1 you can just call this whenever you have
time.  -1 is of course an error so you probably don't want to ignore it.

KB