Re: [Libevent-users] Debugging bufferevent_openssl (filtered)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Diwaker Gupta <diwaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using a filtered bufferevent to do SSL over another bufferevent.
> Occasionally, my application crashes. Unfortunately, neither
> EVUTIL_SOCKET_ERROR nor bufferevent_get_openssl_error are useful.
>
> The former says "Undefined error: 0" (via evutil_socket_error_to_string)
>
> The latter gives "error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)"
>
> The application crashes trying to do a bufferevent_write() on the
> filtered be, with a segmentation fault. The remote just sees a
> connection reset by peer. If I disable the filtered bufferevent,
> things work just fine. Is there some other debug information that I
> can extract from libevent?

The most useful thing here would probably be a stack trace with as
much debugging information as possible.  Additionally, running under a
debugging tool like valgrind (or the local equivalent on your
platform) might give you useful information.

yrs,
--
Nick