[Libevent-users] Deprecated functions and their replacements

Hello,

just a few quick questions about some deprecated functions. According
to this list: http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/libevent-2.1/doxygen/html/deprecated.html
event_init is deprecated and event_base_new should be used. That's OK.

Another one is evhttp_connection_new which is on the list as well, as
you can't specify an event base with it. But what is the replacement
for that one? I could use evhttp_connection_set_base, but that one is
marked as deprecated as well, albeit with an interesting "comment"
attached.

So is there a way around evhttp_connection_new and
evhttp_connection_set_base, or should I keep using them for now?

BTW, I'm using 2.0.21.

Thanks