[Libevent-users] cmake build harness

Hi all,

I've updated the cmake build harness that Alexey Ozeritsky supplied, and
I've updated it to build the latest source both released and in git.
I've tested the build on both Windows (VC 2008) and Linux (gcc 4.4) and
apart from warnings it builds.

It now does full detection of header files, functions, symbols, etc on
all platforms. It also generates the RPC files from the source on
Windows (requires python to be installed). The regress test harness
runs, but there are a number of failures on both Windows and Linux.

This build harness is still a work in progress, but it shows promise. By
using cmake, the Visual Studio 2008 projects are generated automatically
(or makefiles on Linux).

This is also some changes required to the bench_cascade.c file in order
to have it compile on Windows.

Question:
Since all of the header files are now in include/event2/. wouldn't it be
better if the event-config.h header file was also generated into that
directory so that all libevent headers are always loaded from
<event2/foo.h>?

Regards,
Brodie