[Libevent-users] Libevent hackers: I need your help.

Hi, all!  Right now I am under a pile of patches that need help and
review.  I have two problems here right now:

1. They are scattered all around.  Some are github pull requests, some
are emails to the list, some are personal emails, some are sourceforge
patch tickets.

2. There are not enough people reviewing them.  When I see a patch to
code I know very well (like the main event code, or the bufferevent
code, or the dns code) I am very comfortable reviewing it.  But when
it is a patch to evhttp or evprc, I find that I delay too long because
I am worried that I am missing something.

So I'd like to suggest the following:

for 1: I've tried asking people to please use one patch-tracking
system or another in the past, and it didn't work out so well.  People
have their own systems that they like best, and I don't want to make
people less productive.  Nevertheless, for my own sanity, I really
need to ask: if you have a pending patch that has gone for more than a
couple of days without a merge, please create a pull request OR a
sourceforge patch ticket.

For 2: Please feel welcome and invited to review and comment on other
people's patches.  If there are more eyes on every patch, I won't need
to worry so much that I'm missing something important or getting
bogged down in irrelevant details.  I know that there are a lot of
people here who are hacking on evhttp, for instance.  I'd love to know
what _you_ think of the patches pending review.

sleepily,
--
Nick