Re: [Libevent-users] Bug: evhttp_make_request(), introduced in git commit 0d6622e

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Kevin Ko <kevin.s.ko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for the delay.  Here's a test case.  I'm not sure if you'll like my
> use of the limited broadcast address for simulating an ENETUNREACH error
> with a TCP connection, but it's the best that I could think of.  Basically,
> we want to trigger a non-EINPROGRESS error in evutil_socket_connect()
> immediately at the connect() in order to bring about the assertion in the
> evhttp_connection_fail() error handling code.

Thanks, Kevin!  It looks good to me.  I can confirm that the test
fails with a crash on 2.0.11-stable and passes in the current
patches-2.0 branch.  Merging it.

One thing:

> +        * when working with TCP. */
> +       evcon = evhttp_connection_base_new(data->base, NULL,
> "255.255.255.255",
> +       tt_assert(evcon);

It looks like something got cut off after the ' "255.255.255.255", '
?  I added "80);" since the port shouldn't matter, but you might want
to have a look at whatever you're using to make and send patches.

yrs,
--
Nick