Re: [Libevent-users] Multithreading to handle HTTP keep-alive connections

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:40:03AM +0000, nick@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello Azat,
>
> Many thanks for your comments.   Whilst reading, another idea occurred to
> me:   have one event base, but call event_base_dispatch() from several
> threads and have the callbacks executed within the same thread as they were
> called.

Hi Nick,

According to
http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/libevent-book/Ref2_eventbase.html:
    ... Its loop can only be run in a single thread, however. ...
(You could see into event_base_loop() for more details, basically it
 because of locks and shared structures)
And besides there is no problems with per-thread event_base at all.

But of course if you will firstly break the loop it will work, but I
don't think that this is the desired behaviour for proxying.

Cheers,
Azat