[Libevent-users] libevent-1.4.13-stable release

Hi everyone,

we just released libevent 1.4.13-stable. You can download the source from:

 http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent-1.4.13-stable.tar.gz  (don't
forget to validate the pgp sig)

This release fixes the following issues:
 - If the kernel tells us that there are a negative number of bytes to
read from a socket, do not believe it.  Fixes bug 2841177; found by
Alexander Pronchenkov.
 - Do not allocate the maximum event queue and fd array for the epoll
backend at startup.  Instead, start out accepting 32 events at a time,
and double the queue's size when it seems that the OS is generating
events faster than we're requesting them.  Saves up to 512K per
epoll-based event_base.  Resolves bug 2839240.
 - Fix compilation on Android, which forgot to define fd_mask in its
sys/select.h
 - Do not drop data from evbuffer when out of memory; reported by
Jacek Masiulaniec
 - Rename our replacement compat/sys/_time.h header to avoid build a
conflict on HPUX; reported by Kathryn Hogg.
 - Build kqueue.c correctly on GNU/kFreeBSD platforms. Patch pulled
upstream from Debian.
 - Fix a problem with excessive memory allocation when using multiple
event priorities.
 - When running set[ug]id, don't check the environment. Based on a
patch from OpenBSD.

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs or supplied patches.   Links to
the bug tracker, change log, gpg sig, documentation, etc, can be found
at:

 http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

On a related note, Nick has been working very hard on libevent-2.0
code and we hope to have a new alpha release ready soon.

Niels.