Re: [Libevent-users] Beginners' question: multi-threaded HTTP service

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:49 AM, Pander <pander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to libevent and am wondering what to choose for a
multi-threated minimal and fast HTTP service that will run custom C code
for the POST requests it will get.

Both libevent/http and lighttpd are candidates for my service that has
to be able to cope with *many* requests.

Several examples of libevent/http and lighttpd plugin services are out
there and I am looking for some well tested and actively maintained
minmal and fast HTTP service in which I can easily add my custom code.

What would you all advise me to use?

Check out Mark Ellzey's libevhtp.

   https://github.com/ellzey/libevhtp

It uses Libevent as a backend, but it's (IMO) better engineered and more performance than Libevent's built-in evhttp server code.

best wishes,
--
Nick