Re: [Libevent-users] What was EV_PRI for in 1.4.12?

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Daniel Janzon <janzon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some old code linked against libevent 1.4.12, but I want to
> upgrade to the latest version. However, it didn't compile unless I
> removed the EV_PRI bit in event_set. It doesn't seem to exist in later
> code, I grepped for it. I was doing
>
> event_set(..., EV_PRI | EV_PERSIST, ...)
>
> but had to change to
>
> event_set(..., EV_PERSIST, ...).
>
> For some reason this seems to break it; the event doesn't get set.
> Anyhow, my question to the list is what did the EV_PRI flag do?

Nothing whatsoever as far as I can tell; Libevent never defined it or
looked for it as far as I can tell.  Grep for it in the source for
libevent 1.4.12-stable, and it shouldn't be there.

In fact, AFAICT, no version of Libevent in the source repository has
ever contained the string "EV_PRI" :

[279]% git log -p origin/master | grep EV_PRI
[280]% git log -p origin/patches-1.4 | grep EV_PRI
[281]% git log -p origin/patches-1.3 | grep EV_PRI
[282]% git log -p origin/patches-1.2 | grep EV_PRI
[283]% git log -p origin/patches-1.1 | grep EV_PRI
[284]%

So if there was a version that declared or inspected EV_PRI, it
doesn't seem to be an ancestor of any current version of Libevent that
I can find.

Were you maybe using some forked version of 1.4.12-stable?

I also did a Google codesearch for EV_PRI, using ' EV_PRI[^A-Z_]
case:yes ' as my query, and got no hits.

--
Nick