Re: [Libevent-users] ANN: Libevent 2.0.8-rc is released

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Nick
>
> FWIW: the latest autoconf release (2.68) includes a number of changes to autoconf that causes libevent's configure logic to spew a flood of warnings. Jeff Squyres and I (with input from the autoconf team) have made the required changes to stop the warnings, but they are fairly extensive.
>
> Just so you know, you aren't alone - every configure script we work with has the same problem :-(
>
> Don't know if you want this for 2.0.x or not - we will be sending it upstream for your consideration sometime next week.

Sebastian Hahn has a patch too: branch "configure" in
git://git.torproject.org/sebastian/libevent.  I haven't had a chance
to check it out yet.  If you can verify that it works for you, that
would be keen.

For 2.0, I'm inclined to leave it alone so long as the warnings are
harmless, unless this causes real trouble for somebody.

--
Nick