Re: [Libevent-users] [patch] more testcases

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Leonid Evdokimov <leon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 06:52, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Leonid Evdokimov <leon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So it looks like bug in pinning/unpinning events to the self-debugging hashmap.
>
> Be the way - maybe, all tests should be running in
> event_enable_debug_mode() ? Or, maybe, twice - with the mode enabled
> and disabled.

Sounds smart.  The way to do that would probably be: add a way to turn
on debugging mode from the command line or via an environment
variable, and tell the test.sh script to run the tests twice, once
with and once without.

> And, maybe, with counting malloc - it can be easily made thread-safe
> using atomic variables[1].
> What do you think regarding that?
>
> [1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.2/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html

Libevent needs to build on non-gcc compilers, so if we're going to do
this on GCC, we'd also need to implement a portable solution for
compilers that don't have gcc's atomic builtins.

cheers,
--
Nick