Re: [Libevent-users] evtimer_new "leak"

I would even go further and suggest evtimer_new macro to be deleted.
It brings absolutely no simplification to the underlying call to event_new since its signature is the same and all its parameters are sent to event_new.

evtimer, by semantic definition, only deals with timers, which is related to add/pending/del operations: it is thus strange to see it associated with event creation/deletion.
Adding another duplicate named evtimer_free will add to the confusion and will probably lead to a whole set of function being duplicated (every time an event_* function does not exist in the evtimer_* format)

My 2 cents,
---
B. R.