Re: [Libevent-users] libevent 2.1.8 stable, delay in timer expiry.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 06:11:13PM +0530, ravi chandran wrote:
> Hi,
>     Recently we upgraded to libevent 2.1.8-stable version, Previously we
> were using libevent 2.0.22.  We have a 1millisecond timer expiry event
> which is added to the event loop via evtimer_add() function.  Our Target
> supports High resolution timer(running linux OS), so in 2.0.22 this
> 1millisec timer expiry was happening properly.
>
>  After our upstep to 2.1.8-stable version, the timer expiry is always
> happen after ~10millisec instead of 1 millisec. Even i tried changing the
> 1millisec timer to 4 or 5millisec, but expiry happen always after
> ~10millisec.  I added a time stamp inside the 1millisec expiry event
> callback and attached the output taken in 2.0.22 as well as in 2.1.8
> Please find below the sample taken for 1 second period.
> Some changes in function event_add_nolock_() through which this event_add()
> was done, but not sure if something was broken there.
>
> Any patches related to this , please let me know.

Hi!

Have you tried creating event_base with EVENT_BASE_FLAG_PRECISE_TIMER
set in config?
Or it should be enough to set EVENT_PRECISE_TIMER to something non-empty
in env.

But if you didn't have 6cce7458d0f94e320f201eb5be94866e6918d66c ("If
precise_time is false, we should not set EVENT_BASE_FLAG_PRECISE_TIMER")
it should be installed anyway.

  Azat.