Re: [Libevent-users] Write quirks in default eventbuffer implementation?

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Kelly Brock <Kerby@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 [...]
>        So, anyway, it is at the challenge point where I'm getting a little
> problem with my initial test.  I grab the output evbuffer from event buffer
> for the socket and then reserve/write/commit space into the evbuffer.  I
> then set the EV_WRITE event.  At which point write does not happen until
> some other event happens.  Since the client is patiently waiting for the
> server to challenge it, this means nothing ever happens.  I added a
> persistent timer to the event base and now the write happens when the timer
> triggers.
>
>        Now, to somewhat prove that I'm not just doing something bad, the
> same code under OsX and Linux seems to function as expected and the data
> gets written immediately without needing the extra timer code.  I'm just
> guessing but maybe the select (I believe?) based version is not working
> correctly in this case?

That does sound like a bug, if I'm understanding you right.  If you
get the same issue with 2.0.7-rc, could  you maybe open a ticket on
the bugtracker [1]?  I'd like to get this tracked down.

[1]  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=50884&atid=461322

--
Nick