Re: [Libevent-users] bufferevent with custom IO

On 08.09.2012 00:03, Mark Ellzey wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 11:30:54PM +0200, Joachim Bauch wrote:
>> Thanks for the heads up.  The socket-based code surely will be helpful
>> when the implementation starts.  I wrote an initial draft of how the
>> API could look like and put it on github:
>> https://github.com/fancycode/Libevent/blob/bufferevent_indirect/include/event2/bufferevent_indirect.h
>>

> Could you provide a pseudo-example of how you would use this API? If it
> works like I think it works, have you checked out filtered bufferevents?

I checked out filtered bufferevents, but from what I understand, they
are using another bufferevent as source, right?

For my usecase, I need to perform IO using a separate library which
multiplexes multiple virtual connections on one physical connection.
I want to have one bufferevent object for each of these virtual
connections, so I need to call into the library for reading/writing
and call into libevent from the IO loop of the library when data is
available or can be written to one of the virtual connections.

Joachim