TODO

Website:

* The main page is missing. The old one, adapted to the slightly different
  look, should be ok (attached).

* supporters.html: Dump the DiNetworks reference

* links.html is missing. Someone please make a list of links (the old page
had only very few IIRC)

* Most images are missing, esp. background and logo

* Change all "webmaster@linuxgames.org" mailto:s (either to
linuxgam@sunsite.auc.dk or to linuxgames@sunsite.auc.dk)

* The "Linux Game Projects" page needs a link to the Linux Game Tome.

* The "How to Start" part needs to be filled out. I'll take care of that.

* Bert's callback tutorial needs to be included in the "In Practice" part.

* Bert's SDK overview needs to be included in the "In Practice" part

* The "Editorials" section needs to be created in the "News'n'Thoughts"
part.

* Rob's "Why not to fear Linux GameDev" editorial needs to be placed
in the "News'n'Thoughts | Editorials" section

* The "History" part needs an update ("Web**ster" notes etc ;). I'll do that

* A FAQ. Nick, can you do a FOM setup for us?

* More content! Editorials, Howtos, Tutorials

Other:

* The "SDK Compatibility" thing needs to be thought about again. IMHO it
would be a good start if every SDK made some "part list", listing, well, all
individual parts of the SDK and what they depend upon (in terms of other
SDKs)
Example: PenguinPlay currently consists of
  PenguinNet (aka Zombie) [dep: nothing],
  Penguin2d [dep: libggi]
  PenguinFile [dep: nothing]

* Bryan, how is the Book doing? Many of the editorials, howtos, tutorials
etc we need for the website can also be used for the book (and vice versa)

* If any of the Linroids / space trading game people are reading this,
please say something! We need some example code.

General notes:

* What about having regular (weekly or bi-weekly) IRC meetings again?

Uh, that's all I can think of for now.

	Christian

Title: Linux Game Development Center

Info for developers
Available Tools
In Practice
Examples
How To Start?

Free Projects
Games
SDKs
SDK Compatibility standards

General
News'n'Thoughts
Discussions
Links
Background
History
Supporters

Linux Game Development Center

Introduction

Welcome to the Linux Game Development Center (LGDC), a site aspiring to be the headquarters for all Linux game development.

Goals

  • Give an Overview of the available Linux GameDev Resources
  • Introduce Developers to Linux GameDev
  • Supervise Coordination of the Linux Game SDKs
  • Help People to start new (related) Projects
  • Advertise Linux as Gaming Platform
  • Provide Facilities for Discussion to Linux Game Developers
A more detailed explanation of these goals is available.

News

1999/Apr/08
After a long period of downtime, caused by a dead server (www.linuxgames.org) with a disappeared server maintainer and now two disappeared webmasters (yep, all webmasters we had up to now some days ago simply disappeared!), this site is up again. Please note that it´s a relatively old version (all newer ones disappeared with the webmasters ...), but we´ll try to do what we can to improve it.
1998/Oct/19 : This site
A first relatively complete version of this site is up

Notes

  • This site is relatively new and it will take some time until both its contents and its design are mature. So please don't just think "Ooh, what a bad site" when you notice imperfections and missing stuff, but tell us instead. Thanks.
  • This site is targeted at developers, so if you are mainly interested in information concerning playing games, http://www.linuxgames.com/ will suit your needs much better.
Copyright © 1998 LGDC. Comments and suggestions to webmaster@linuxgames.org.