Re: GNow

>         Now, we are in dificulties to adiministrate the project, because the
> most of us is 20 years old and we never administrate a so big project

I hope I have the "How To Start" section usable until Friday or
Saturday, including some more tips on Website design/hosting, CVS,
mailing lists and General Things To Think About. As soon as a part of it
is ready IŽll post it to the mailing list for review. Have a look at it,
and if if still leaves some questions open please ask them :)

> and we do not have MUCH experience with linux. We don't want, initially,
> use any type of library to make the game, but we don't were able
> neitheir to change the video mode, calling the int 10h. We know that
> linux run in protected mode, but doesn't exist any way to make the code
> without use libraries?

*Do* use libraries. They make it much easier for you (you do not have to
reinvent all this code again), make your code more portable (you just
have to code for the library any as soon as the library gets ported to a
new platform porting your code to it is easy), make your game behave
better (accessing the hardware directly is considered a very bad thing
in a multitasking operating system - only the OS kernel may do that.
Code accessing the hardware has the biggest potential for causing
damage, crashing the system etc.) and so on.
You only benefit from using Libraries. And the people playing your game
benefit as well.

>         Because we don't have much experience in big projects, we don't know
> where to let the code, because need to share that between all parts of
> the group. What we need to use CVS? We do not know, too, where to find a

IŽll give an extensive answer to that in the "How To Start" piece the
next days, ok? :)

> good IDE for make the code. We are using the RHIDE
> (http://linusp.usp.br/rpm2html/contrib/libc5/i386/rhide-1.3-1.i386.html),
> but it don't work well with our caracter code, the interface become
> UGLY!!!

I personally use fte as text editor and gdb+ddd for debugging. Some
make+autoconf magic takes care of the proper compilation of all the code
(details later).
With that combination I havenŽt ever felt the need for an IDE (in fact I
think an IDE is restricting me).

	Christian