Re: GNow

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 Brett_A._Letner@NOTES.UP.COM wrote:

> 2)  GGI (General Graphics Interface??)...seems like a very good idea and
> was easier to use than straight X, but when I was trying to use it, there
> were too many changes to keep up with.  This may have improved.  Also, as
> with every library, it is nice to be shielded from the details, but you are
> somewhat dependant on that library to support you.

I haven't actually programmed with this, but the second beta for it is out
now, so the API should be stable.  There's also libGII for input.

There is also the 2D renderer in Crystal Space.  It has the advantage of
being platform independent.  Although Crystal Space is a 3D game engine,
you can use the 2D renderer separately if you aren't wanting to use 3D
graphics.

	-Michael