Opening the site

Ok, most issues have been cleared and the site itself should be ready to be
released to the public now. There are just two more things left that have
to be done beforehand:

(1) Upload the remaining articles.
* The following authors haven't said a thing yet:

Anni Hienola
 Interview With Anders Moden from Gizmo3D
 Interview of Erno Tuomainen From Legends Of Saladir

Salvador E. Tropea
 Performance Of The Common Linux Compilers.

Ingo Ruhnke
 Linux Game Installer HOW-TO

Taura
 XShipWars Development on Linux/X

If I don't get word from them by tomorrow (thursday) evening (my local
time), I'll create dummy users and upload their articles as I see fit.

* Erik, your abstract hasn't arrived here yet. Same game as above - if I
don't get it by tomorrow afternoon, I'll write my own, simple one and
upload your article. (You can edit it afterward anyway).

* Alexandre's series is a bit special, since the new site has quite
different requirements for article series than the old one. That means
these articles won't neccessarily be on the site when it goes public (but
hopefully shortly afterwards).

(2) News item maintenance

It will be very embarassing if we switch to the long awaited new site (the
site because of which news posting on the old one was suspended) and do not
manage to keep our news list up to date.

Again - don't count on me to do this. I can't. The list of things I have to
change on the LGDC site is very long, the list of things I should do for
the project in general is always looming in the backgrount, I've completely
neglected PenguinPlay for the past month (actually even longer), in 2
weeks I have an important exam and in 2weeks + a few days the next semester
starts.

So: Who will collect news and post them for at least the next few weeks?
It's fine if A says "Ok, I'll collect stuff from /. and linuxtoday", B gets
things from linuxgames.com and freshmeat etcetc. I also don't mind if you
enlist your grandma for this (as long as she has some basic understanding
of the matter...), but somehow the news list has to be kept up to date!

Please don't let me alone with this!

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

"use the source, luke." (obi-wan gnuobi)