Re: Games in Java?

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 10:17:43AM +0300, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> But, would people play such a game if it's in Java? Would anyone even
> bother downloading it? Would you do it? It's no point in doing anything if
> nobody will play it...

I don't have much of an aversion to java games. I'd play more of 'em if Linux netscape 4's java didn't absolutely suck rocks. In particular, java games allow you to show a sample level or two in a browser, and d/l the full game if people are interested. Since many people play java games in their browsers to pass the time if they haven't bought Quake or are unwilling to fire it up, I'd say it's a good bet.