Re: Database problems?

Soren Staun-Pedersen wrote:

>Are you by any chance testing some code right now on your pages which use

Um, not that I know of. And I should know...

>Consider closing the connections again when you're done using them, or
>switch to persistent connections.

I thought PHP would automatically reuse connections?
Anyway, we use PHPLib for DB access, which doesn't provide a way to
explicitly close a connection.

Hmmm, AFAIK PHP keeps one connection per httpd process. So if a great
number of httpds are spawned (normal for sunsite), and a random process is
selected for handling lgdc requests, then after a short time many processes
maintain open connections to the DB (assumed PHP is configured for
persistent connections).

I'd like to help, but I don't see how.

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

Windows IS NOT a virus...viruses do something.