Re: LGDC news

Philipp Gühring wrote:

>My suggestion to this topic is that we accept game submissions in the
>form

(Game Project news items that is)

>Project started.
>Homepage adress
>Current Maintainer
>Short description of the content, and the technology included

Sounds good.

>So we do not make all those announcements (I changed one line of
>code), but the developers who want need answers for their technical
>problems can have a look which projects are currently around, so that
>he can look through all projects that might have answers.

I.e. you mean that we should also have entries to game projects in the
"resources" section (looking up old news items isn't that nice).

>So my idea is that every Linux Game developer, who starts with a
>project, announces that project once, and only updates that entry, if
>something very important changes, like the homepage adress, but that
>should not generate a announcement (or should it? I don´t know)

It should not. Not here.

>And to the article idea ... I like that idea very much. Every author
>of a piece of code, of which he thinks that it is something very
>important and useful for others, should write an article about it.
>"Have you written an article today?"

I think this is good. I added it as a little note in the submission guide
for now. Later, when we have a real maintainer for the articles, we can
actively hunt for those articles.

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

"use the source, luke." (obi-wan gnuobi)