Artist question?

Hey there,

	Well, I'm currently engaged on my own game project right now, and thing
seem to be going just fine. But then again, just yesterday a question
has raised up among the art team: we draw our sprites using colorkey
blitting, so far so good. But then, of course, we noticed that the
borders of the actual sprite appear on the final blitted image,
obviously because those very pixels don't exactly match the colorkey
value, but are very close to that, making the final result look actualy
very ugly indeed, so here's the question: can we get that out with just
simple artwork, or do we need something like an alpha component to make
it work ? BTW, we're using 16bpp for color depth.

Miguel Osorio.