Re: Indrema dead

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Steve Baker wrote:

> Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> >
> > In case you have not heard, Indrema is now dead.
>
> I think it's been obvious that they weren't going to make
> it for at least the last six months.

Well, maybe - I kept my hopes high. :-/

> > Too bad - I would have liked one of those boxes.
>
> Yes - it is a shame to see any company fail - especially
> one brave enough to go toe-to-toe against M$'s Xbox contraption.
>
> However, in the end, machines like the Indrema and X-box are
> basically just somewhat inferior PC's that are priced cheaply
> by virtue of making you buy overpriced software to run on them.

Yes.

But my reason was mostly to enlarge the Linux game market. I would assume
_some_ of the Indrema titles would have been shipped for any PC.

I agree with you on all other points. Would have liked such a box though,
currently my most powerful machine is a Ppro 232 - and the g++ compile
times are driving me crazy.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
It is strange to claim that video games should influence children. If for

          - Anonym