Re: lgp vs. lgd

On Wednesday 11 April 2001 21:44, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think I found the problem with the Linux Games:
>
> We always talked about "Linux Game Programming"
> instead of "Linux Game Developing" ...

When I first read this I stopped and thought "wow - he's right. we did it
wrong all the time".

But then I asked myself 2 questions:
When do we talk about "Programming" instead of "Developing"?
When we do it, why do we do it?

Answer to 1: In most discussions on this mailing list
Answer to 2: Because someone asked a programming question

There also is a certain slant towards "Programming" in the "general"
discussions, so you still are right. But I think it's not as bad as you
described it :)

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

"These are the people who proudly call themselves "hackers" --
not as the term is now abused by journalists to mean a computer
criminal, but in its true and original sense of an enthusiast,
an artist, a tinkerer, a problem solver, an expert."

- ESR