Re: Grabbing the pointer with OpenGL

On Friday 13 April 2001 12:17, you wrote:

> > Instead, look into techniques like portal culling that reduce the
> > number of pixels that you draw that are actually only going to be
> > tossed out by Z-buffer culling.
>
> The stuff I am rendering is a terrain. I was under the impression that
> portal techniques were not very appropiate for outdoor rendering? I
> intend to implement something like ROAM eventually.

Portals are useless for terrain, right.
What about using a working, optimized engine btw? CrystalSpace integrates
the ddg engine (roam type)

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
 -- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972