Re: Grabbing the pointer with OpenGL

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> > Instead, look into techniques like portal culling that reduce the number of
> > pixels that you draw that are actually only going to be tossed out by Z-buffer
> > culling.
> >
> The stuff I am rendering is a terrain. I was under the impression that
> portal techniques were not very appropiate for outdoor rendering?

That's true - although some people have had some success with 'antiportal'
techniques for low altitude terrain rendering.

> I intend to implement something like ROAM eventually.

Once again, ROAM won't help your pixel throughput rates - so it won't do
much to speed up software rendering.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>