Re: Business models

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:35:59PM +0300, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> If I'd be able to choose I'd like to be able to download part of the full
> game to test it out before buying. I don't want to have to pay for
> something that maybe doesn't run on my machine, runs poorly, or isn't what
> I wanted (this goes for all software I buy, of course).

One mistake the current commercial games producers for Linux are making
is having the demo of an earlier version than the full game.  However
the only time that I've had the demo work but the full game not work
was with Unreal Tournament.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | I thought I'd found a reason to live
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | Just like before when I was a child