Re: 3D and Laptop

> To quote someone off Linuxtoday earlier this week "...3D doesn't work for
> Radeon 8500 cards, and the 7500 series 3D is an abomination."

> These days, the chances are that if you want decent 3D you're after a
> machine with an NVidia card or you're in trouble (of course, UMMV, UNWADA)

I don't have any problem with binary-only software but I dislike secret
protocols, file formats and hardware specs.  As such I'd rather stick
to Radeon 7500.  I also don't have need of high end performance yet so
I could live with slightly immature drivers.  In fact given the
performance on my current system the jump in processor speed my be
sufficient.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com