Re: Scripting

Dmitry Samoyloff wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to use some scripting language (like TCL or Perl) in my
> 3D action game for a game logic and AI but I don't know yet how
> to do that. I read some articles on this topic but there was no
> deep technical description. Particularly I would like to know
> how to:
>
> 1) call scripts from my C++ game engine
>
> 2) call the engine's functions from the scripts
>
> Any links and/or advices would be very appreciated!

Have a look at SWIG (www.swig.org). It can automate the process
of generating C++ vs scripting wrappers.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

Nanny Ogg quite liked cooking, provided there were other people around to
do things like chop up the vegetables and wash the dishes afterwards.
        -- Home Pragmatics
           (Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad)