Re: Scripting

> There are (as far as I know) no large commercial games that are written
> in a scripting languages.  Many use scripting for AI and Scenario setup
> though.
>
> There is a reason for that.  Those guys aren't stupid.

Sometimes I wonder just look at some of the products they expect to sell :)
Actually I attended the lecture "Game Scripting in Python" by Bruce Dawson
of Humongous Entertainment at this years GDC.  They are writing the game
in python and only converting to C++ when the python code is too slow.
Granted I don't think their games push the cutting edge but it is being
tried.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com